Sanford Health Medical Assistant (MA) Sponsorship Application in Bismarck, North Dakota
Medical Assistant (MA) Sponsorship Application
Sanford Health is dedicated to the work of health and healing. Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve. Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs) have a growing presence in healthcare. The Medical Assistant (MA) Sponsorship is financial assistance to support tuition and other expenses while you progress through your school MA program. Upon graduation, Sanford and the sponsored student will partner for a full time employment commitment at Sanford Health as an CMA in an area of need for two years.
Certified Medical Assistant Duties include but are not limited to:
• Obtaining vital signs
• Preparing patients for examinations
• Collaborating with the interprofessional health care team to provide the best outcomes for patients
• Observing and reporting patient's signs or symptoms
• Administering medications within scope of practice
Sanford Health would love to help you achieve your career goals as a CMA.
• Must be accepted into a MA program.
• Commit to working 2 years full time as an MA after graduation.
• Must maintain a GPA that meets program requirements and show forward progression through the program of study.
• Grades must be submitted on a semester basis.
• Must sign a contract before payments are processed.
• Must commit to participating in Sanford Check-Ins (email, phone, or in person) during program of study.
Adheres to legal regulations and organizational policies when discussing patient health information. Completes tasks and inspires confidence in leaders by demonstrating honesty and integrity. Delivers written and oral communications that engage audience participants, respond to their questions and concerns, and produce specific outcomes and impact. Follows direction in relation to the time and effort needed to achieve work objectives. Operates and maintains medical equipment based on specific policies. Responsible for promoting a safe environment for patients, families, staff, residents, and visitors and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary health care team to provide the best outcomes for patients. Performs age related patient assessments and nursing interventions. Offers effective feedback to patient and family members regarding health.
Job Function: Nursing
Job Schedule: Full Time
Req Number: ERG1033